2018 11 30 Scottish Nature Photography Awards 2018
Scottish Nature Photography Awards 2018
The Scottish Nature Photography Awards Photographic Competition 2018 is open to professional and amateur photographers from around the world, but images must be taken in Scotland.
Entries close 24:00 hours GMT on Friday 30th November 2018.
This is the 9th annual competition to seek the Scottish Nature Photographer of the Year.
Winning images and videos will be featured in a Touring Exhibition in 2019. Winning and shortlisted images and videos will be featured in the Portfolio Yearbook 2018.
For further information please see our news post announcing the competition and visit the competition website.
This competition meets all the standards set out in the Artists Bill of Rights
Competitions which meet all the standards set out in the Artists Bill of Rights do not do any of the following -
- claim copyright
- claim exclusive use
- seek waiving of moral rights
- fail to give a credit for all free usage
- add, alter, or remove metadata from submissions
- seek usage rights other than for promoting the contest and no other purpose. Note that a book, posters, cards, or a calendar are seen as legitimate ways of promoting the contest and defraying costs
- seek free usage rights in excess of 5 years
- use the submissions commercially without the entrant's agreement, and such commercial usage is to be subject to a freely negotiated license independently of the competition.
- make it a condition of winning that an entrant must sign a commercial usage agreement
- fail to publish all documents on the competition website that an entrant may have to sign
- fail to name the judges for this or last year's competition
- fail to explicitly state all the organisations who will acquire rights to the submissions
- set a closing date more than 18 months after the contest launch date
- fail to make clear statements of rights claimed and how submissions are used.
© Bill of Rights Supporters Group
The above text may be reproduced providing a link is given to the Artists Bill of Rights.
Any text reproduced above in italics has been extracted from a competition website for the purposes of review.
Organisations who would like to be promoted as a Bill of Rights Supporter and have their competitions promoted on the Rights On List can use this contact form. One of the campaign team will get in touch with you.
Pro-Imaging.org founded the Artists' Bill of Rights in 2007
Pro-Imaging is a worldwide support group for professional photographers
who are pro-active in defending photographers rights.